All About Inga
Inga (née Headland) Brege earned her bachelor's degree from The University of Michigan and master's from Harvard University. She’s lived and worked all over the world and currently resides in Denver, CO. Her art is a reflection of the human experience and all the stories, mentalities, and passions therein.
About the Art
Since earning her undergraduate degree in 2004, Inga has continued her fine art education at the School of Visual Arts and the Art Students League. Her diverse professional career lends itself to a unique perspective, which she channels into her work. She continues to travel, study, and experience as much as she can to enrich her perspective.
Her art is about being alive: the stories, the adventures, and the psychological states therein. She works primarily with paint and mixed media.
About the Design
What's Raging Bees, LLC?
Working over 10 years as a freelance designer, Inga has extensive experience in the field of graphic design. She specializes in brand development, logo design, as well as film and television treatments. In 2017, she founded Raging Bees: a comprehensive art and design studio. Why the name "Raging Bees"? It's an anagram of her name. And middle initial. You get it.
What's a pitch treatment?
As audience members, we get to enjoy films and shows as finished products. We see the story and it's world as one and the same. But really there are so many visual directions a script can adopt depending on a particular director's vision and the work of the production department. That's where "pitch treatments" come in.
See, directors and writers need to audition for jobs, just like actors. When they go before scowling, number-crunching studio heads, they need more than just flowery language. They have to provide powerful visual presentations to concretely establish how their prosaic descriptions will translate into cinematic dynamite.
A pitch treatment (also referred to as a "film treatment" or just "treatment") is a kind of selling document, which outlines the characters and story of a proposed script or project. It helps establish the tone, colors, themes, and world of a film or television show before production begins.
Harvard University, 2011
Master of Liberal Arts
The University of Michigan, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Fine Arts
University of Colorado Denver, 2017
Crime Analyst Graduate Courses
The Art League, 2015
Torpedo Factory Art Center
University of Southern California, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Post-Baccalaureate Program Coursework
Eastern Michigan University, 2011
School of Visual Arts, 2007
New York City, NY
Graphic Design Courses
honors & accomplishments
One-Woman Show at Woolly Mammoth Theatre, 2014
- One of two individuals selected by Story District (formerly Speakeasy DC) to write and perform an original solo show for the annual series.
- A total of four performances were held at the premiere Woolly Mammoth Theatre in Washington, DC.
- The show was produced and directed by Story District.
Harvard University, 2011
- Graduate Thesis
- Title: Effects of Racial Biases on Autonomic Arousal When Anticipating Pain in Others
- Director: Dr. Mahzarin Banaji, PhD, Richard Clarke Cabot Professor of Social Ethics, Department of Psychology, Harvard University
- University Honors
- Thomas Small Prize, Second Place: Awarded annually on the basis of ‘academic achievement and character’ to outstanding Master of Liberal Arts degree recipients
- Dean’s Prize for Outstanding Master of Liberal Arts Thesis in the Behavioral Sciences, Honorable Mention
- Master of Liberal Arts Dean’s List, 2011
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Stephan F. Taylor, Jian Kang, Inga S. Brege, Ivy F. Tso, Avinash Hosanagar & Timothy D. Johnson. 2012. "Meta-analysis of functional neuroimaging studies of emotion perception and experience in schizophrenia," Biological Psychiatry, 71(2), 136-145.
- Stephan F. Taylor, Inga S. Brege, Avinash Hosanagar, Kihn L. Phan, Ivy F. Tso, & Robert C. Welsh. May 2011. “Probing GABAergic function during emotional appraisal in psychosis.” Presentation at the Society of Biological Psychiatry Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.